Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Java 6 Platform Revealed

Format : PDF
Author : John Zukowski
Publisher : Apress Company
ISBN-13 (pbk): 978-1-59059-660-9
ISBN-10 (pbk): 1-59059-660-9
Pages  : 220
Size :  2Mb

Indowebster Server:

Who knew how long my tenth book would take to do? It is always fun to write about a moving target—the API set has been evolving as I’ve written each chapter, and even after I turned them in. Now that we’re done, thanks need to go out to a whole bunch of people. 

For starters, there is everyone at Apress. Some days I wonder how they’ve put up with me for so long. To my project manager, Kylie Johnston, and my editor, Steve Anglin: thanks, we finally made it to the end. For Damon Larson, it was great working with you. Other than that one chapter I wanted back after submitting, hopefully this was one of your easier editing jobs. For Laura Esterman and everyone working with the page proofs: this was much easier than it was with my second book, when we had to snail-mail PDFs back and forth. To my tech reviewer, Sumit Pal: thanks for all the input and requests for more details to get things described just right, as well as those rapid turnarounds to keep things on schedule due to my delays.
 
A book on Mustang can’t go without thanking all the folks making it happen, especially Mark Reinhold, the spec lead for JSR 270. It was nice getting all those little tidbits on how to use the latest feature of the week in everyone’s blogs. The timing on some of them couldn’t have been better. 

For the readers, thanks for all the comments about past books. It’s always nice to hear how something I wrote helped you solve a problem more quickly. Hopefully, the tradition continues with this book.
 
As always, there are the random folks I’d like to thank for things that happened since the last book. To Dan Jacobs, a good friend and great co-worker: best of luck with your latest endeavors. Mary Maguire, thanks for the laugh at JavaOne when you took out the “Sold Out” sign. Of course, we needed it later that same first day. Venkat Kanthimathinath, thanks for giving me a tour around Chennai when I was in town. My appreciation of the country wouldn’t have been the same without it. To Matthew B. Doar: again, thanks for JDiff (http://javadiff.sourceforge.net), a great doclet for reporting API differences. The tool greatly helped me in finding the smaller changes in Java 6. For my Aunt Alicia and Uncle George O’Toole, thanks for watching after my dad. 

Lastly, there’s this crazy woman I’ve been with for close to 20 years now—my wife, Lisa. Thanks for everything. Our dog, Jaeger, too, whose picture you’ll find in Chapter 4. Thanks Dad. Here’s to another June with you in the hospital. Third time’s a charm.
 
■CHAPTER 1 Java SE 6 at a Glance . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1
■CHAPTER 2 Language and Utility Updates . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 13
■CHAPTER 3 I/O, Networking, and Security Updates . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 39
■CHAPTER 4 AWT and Swing Updates . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 57
■CHAPTER 5 JDBC 4.0 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 103
■CHAPTER 6 Extensible Markup Language (XML) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 115
■CHAPTER 7 Web Services . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 147
■CHAPTER 8 The Java Compiler API . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 155
■CHAPTER 9 Scripting and JSR 223 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 171
■CHAPTER 10 Pluggable Annotation Processing Updates . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 183
■APPENDIX Licensing, Installation, and Participation . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 201
■INDEX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 209

0 komentar:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Riyan Fiter Kurniawan